Mind-blowing Tips for Increasing Your Overall Positivity!
Positive thinking has been very often understood and used in a wrong connotation. People abuse the power of this great practice and suggest that it will attract you money, wealth and abundance. “Be positive and you’ll have anything you want!”
No you will not! That’s nonsense, and that’s NOT the purpose of exercising your mind to think this way.
This is exactly one of the main criticisms for the movie “The Secret”. Just by feeling good you can’t have anything you want – that is a LIE – Period!
The benefits of thinking and feeling positive emotions however, are actually very beneficial and they will trigger other positive phenomena in your life:
You’ll put both your spirit and body in a phenomenal vibration. Happiness and joy will radiate from you everywhere you go. Life will seem much better. Your attitude will improve immensely and in turn it will improve the world’s attitude towards you.
The reward is a blissful life full with enthusiasm and inspiration! Also, it will certainly help you in your financial endeavors…however… just the positive thinking alone won’t earn you any money…
These are some of the great practices that will put you on the right track in life:
1. Start Singing Even If You’re Bad Singer Whenever life hits you hard or you experience a disappointment, start singing. As simple as that… Pick a song that really makes you feel great and start playing it in your head until all worries and stress go away.
The song can be one which makes you feel happy. It can be one which provokes laughter and joy in your heart. Is there any song that you can think of which simply puts a smile on your face, every single time you hear it? Probably a song you used to love when you were young child?
Good music has always been, and will always be a great tool for changing the mood. It will never fail to make you more positive so consider singing whenever you can.
2. Turn “Belly Breathing” Into a Habit Did you know that our consciousness is highly connected to our way of breathing? Namely, yogis and monks have discovered a long time ago, that our thoughts are directly connected to the way we breathe.
When we start breathing slowly and deep in our belly, by exploiting 100% of our lungs capacity, our thoughts seem to slow down and we become more relaxed. Therefore, this is used in almost every meditative technique. Life simply slows down, all stress leaves both the mind and body and the individual who breathes this way gains clarity and mindfulness.
This practice will not only calm you down, it will affect your health, your overall blood circulation, it will boost the activity of your brain and it will never fail to improve your mood.
Breathing is the essence of life, so start doing it properly.
Simply start exercising this until it becomes a constant habit. Breathe deep in your belly and fill it like a balloon. Instead of inhaling shallow breaths in the chest only, expand your belly as much as you can.
The longer you practice this technique, the deeper and more effective your breaths will become. Your consciousness will clear and clarity and inner peace will take place.
This will never fail to boost your overall positivity!
3. Smile and Laugh More Often Assuming that smiling and laughter are the opposite of crying and feeling bad or negative, just by forcing this into your life, you can’t avoid not feeling good.
Our body is the instrument of our mind, but it is also true that our thoughts and attitude are very much related to our body because of the way we operate. We tend to think and feel by what we see, hear, taste, smell and touch.
So if you smile, you can instantly feel it and your mind will respond to this. You will start feeling good and positive. It will not only lift up your mood, it will affect everyone else that comes in contact with you.
You can decide to smile just for the sake of it, or you can think of an situation, an event, a person or literally anything that puts a big smile on your face. Either one of them will work very well.
You can just go over to your mirror, look at yourself and force yourself to laugh. This works extremely well. Very soon, it will become contagious and you won’t be able to stop it.
Let’s try this right now…
Think of a little toddler trying to walk. He is learning to walk outside in the yard of his parent’s house, and there’s a little puppy waiting for him just a few meters away from him.
As he is walking, he is pointing to the puppy with his tiny little fingers and he suddenly falls like a ball on the grass. He tries to stand up but there’s not a force on earth that will help him in doing just that, he simply keeps falling down again and again.
Everybody laughs and enjoys the picture. Finally our little toddler manages somehow to stand on his tiny feet and starts walking like a penguin towards the puppy. The moment he comes to him, he tries to kiss him with his little lips and again, as he bends down, he loses control and falls on the ground next to the puppy. The puppy even gets scared and jumps from fear.
Now I just totally made all that up… I couldn’t think of anything else that could make me smile at the moment. If you’re like most people, you’d probably smile when having the picture of the little toddler learning how to walk.
After thinking about this I feel very good. Very positive as well…You can do the same!
Have in mind that laughter and smiling can also cure diseases and depression! That’s already scientifically proven… Smile more often and your positivity will keep increasing more and more every time you do it.
4. Make Your Surroundings Highly Positive What are your friends and the people you associate with like? Is their nature positive? Are they being fun and humorous or not really?
Good company always helps! If you happen to be around negative and depressive people, you can afford to change your lifestyle. Assuming the fact that we feel what’s going on around us and that as mentioned earlier, we go by what we see, hear, smell, taste and touch – it is very important that your surrounding is highly positive, because you will receive this energy. It will affect you every single time!
5. Engage in Meditation and Yoga The title says it all. These two activities will never fail to boost your positivity. They will help you to gain control over your thoughts and your awareness will be heightened.
You will become aware of the present moment and what’s going on in your mind. Positive thoughts will become natural as you practice these skills.
6. Make Walking Outdoors a Habit Although very simple, the effect of this single activity can be powerful. I am working from home and most of the time I am in front of my computer.
Sometimes this can get overwhelming and the first thing I do is going outdoors.
I walk for 40 min. in the nearest park and just observe the people, birds, trees and so on. When I come back I am a completely new person!
I have two times more energy and I am working 3 times more productive.
Even studies show that this activity can boost your mood to a great extent. Just do it and see the results!
7. Be Helpful To Others You know, it’s not all about you. I realized this not very long time ago. While I’ve never been too much egoistic in nature, I always cared for my feelings and my interests.
When I tried for a moment to completely shift my attention to other people’s needs and REALLY try to help them (from the bottom of my heart), what came back to me was quite shocking.
Help other people and truly care. Don’t do it just for the sake of it, but really show some empathy and compassion. Try putting yourself in their skin and view the world through their perception. Then, do your best to help them.
You have no idea what this can do for you…
Some ideas to help you get started can include:
Visiting the orphanage and do something special for the kids. Make them happy and prepare some intriguing surprise.
The next time you go with the subway or when you’re on a bus, be kind and give your seat to a person that needs it more than you do.
Go in the local supermarket buy some bread, some salami and cheese, get some fruits and bottles of fresh water and perhaps some extra ingredients you’ll need. Prepare some tasty sandwiches and then go to any shelter with homeless people and give it to them wholeheartedly.
8. Express Gratitude 3 Times a Day Create your gratitude journal or simply write on a sheet of paper 10 things that you’re grateful for. Then read this list 3 times in the day – in the morning, at noon and at night.
The more things you can include in the list – the better. These things should make you feel good and positive about yourself and life in general.
Gratefulness is the secret to a peaceful, happy and positive lifestyle!
9. Understand that You’re Responsible for Everything That Happens To You You cannot blame others for the results you get in your life. All our results come as a direct result of our actions and behavior in life. Our actions and behavior on the other hand – is the direct result of our thoughts and feelings.
Only you have the power to control your attitude comprised of your thoughts and feelings. You choose what you give your attention to, so instead of whining and complaining, stop blaming the circumstances, the government, the economy and God knows what else not.
It is your fault that you’ve let these things, people and events influence you, so you can afford to stop it. Take full responsibility, and your life will become much more positive!
10. Make a Contribution and Start Volunteering Now here I live up to you to be creative. Think of the ways you can improve your community. Perhaps help in cleaning the streets in your neighborhood? What about helping individuals in the local library?
This one will be bizarre but certainly interesting – how about to visit prisoners and just help in making contact? Perhaps you’ll befriend them and make their day better?
Remember – the more you give in life, the more it comes back. Life will always reward you tenfold for every good thing you do. Decide how you can give back to the community, and then just do it!
Positivity will become your natural mindset that seems to make you company at all times.
11. Give Compliments On a Regular Basis If criticizing makes people feel bad – then the opposite which is giving compliments has to make them feel good. Not only will it make the person you compliment feel amazing, it will come back to you as well!
When was the last time you gave a sincere compliment to someone which comes straight from the heart?
If you can’t remember it, maybe it is about time to consider doing this the next time you see someone on the street.
Remember, if you’re looking for the good sides in others, this is a reflection of the good sides in you. And please don’t do this just for the sake of it… Be really genuine and honest when you compliment people!
12. Exercise and Take Care of Your Physical and Mental Health Yes, this is important. Pick any activity that you love and exercise regularly.
You can run, hike, go in the gym, take classes in martial arts and heck, your imagination is the only limit!
Not only will you be more fresh and energetic, your mood will change accordingly as well! There’s no way how this activity cannot make you feel positive.
Just do it!
To Conclude Most of the time, we are being surrounded with a ton of negativity in our lives. We’re constantly being bombarded with pressure and stressful situations, but it is our choice how we are going to respond to them.
We can choose to take responsibility and decide to be in full control over our attitude…or…we can live day by day, and let the waves of life take us wherever they want to go.
I certainly won’t recommend the second option!
Choose to live your life the way YOU want to live it! Stop being a victim of outside circumstances and decide to gain a positive outlook on life.
And remember – it is the small things that make all the difference! So take a deep breath right now, and say how grateful you are for everything in your life!